Mohave County History began in 1776 when Fray Francisco Garces a Franciscan Missionary traveled through the Kingman area on his journey to bring Christianity to the Indians of Arizona. The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in 1848 brought the portion of Arizona lying north of the Gila River including Mohave County area as a part of other newly acquired territories into the United States .
Mohave County was formed 21 December 1864 , one of the four original counties in the Arizona Territory . In 1870 the Northern section of the county was known as Pah-ute County . In 1871 Pah-ute was annexed to Mohave County ending it's short lived existence as a county. In 1890, Mohave County 's population grew to 1,500 with 300 at Kingman. Cerbat had a five-stamp gold mill and a five-stamp silver mill. Gold Basin had a ten-stamp mill and Signal a ten-and twenty-stamp mill. About 60,000 head of cattle and 5,000 goats ranged the mountains and mesas and 2,000 acres where under cultivation in the valley of the Big Sandy which grew alfalfa, barley and vegetables.
400 West Beale St
Kingman , AZ 86401
Phone: (928) 753-3195